he Benchtop Shaking Incubator is an economic solution for teaching laboratories doing liquid culture work. It has a small 14.5 x 21.25" footprint with a 4 liter media capacity that can accommodate either 16 x 125 ml, 9 x 250 ml, 5 x 500 ml, 4 x 1,000 ml flasks, or test tube racks. The wide temperature and shaking speed ranges make it suitable for a variety of teaching lab applications and lab topics.
The Petri Dish Shelf accessory allows for simultaneous incubation of stationary petri dishes and shaking liquid cultures.
- Up to 4 L media capacity in a small footprint
- Wide range of incubator chamber temperatures (5°C above room temperature to 70°C) and environmental temperatures (4 to 65°C), allowing instrument to be used in cold rooms
- Digital readout of all parameters — temperature, shaker speed, and time
- Chamber temperature precisely maintained to within 0.5°C of set temperature
- Lid interlock sensor that automatically stops the shaker when the lid is opened
- Shaking platform is compatible with various flask clamps and test tube racks
- Petri Dish Shelf accessory allows for simultaneous incubation of stationary culture plates and shaking liquid cultures
- Incubation of liquid cultures with shaking up from 20–300 rpm
- Incubation of culture plates with the Petri Dish Shelf accessory
- Continuous temperature control and/or shaking of any liquid up to 4 liters
Bio-Rad Item No.: 17002945EDU