The Barnstead water still is an electrically heated still that provides high quality water. It is easy to use and maintain, and is rugged and long-lasting. Both classic and portable stills are available.
Electrically heated stills provide high quality water. Ideal for educational science laboratories requiring a rugged, long-lasting still.
• High quality water: 1 MegaOhm resistivity. Gaseous impurities are stripped from the water twice. Water will contain less than 1.0 ppm total solids.
• Easy to use and maintain: Deconcentrator removes scale-forming impurities.
• Reliability and longevity: Typical services—20 years or more with proper maintenance.
• Low water cutoff included: Low or no water will terminate the power to your still and provide full protection.
• Compact portability: Portable still requires no permanent plumbing or electrical connections and can be set up for operation in minutes.
• Energy-saving, double-walled evaporator: Feedwater is pre-heated in condenser by latent heat of condensation.
• Low velocity boiling is ensured by an extra high and wide evaporator.
Choose this still if you have normal to soft tap water. Please visit the USGS website at http://water.usgs.gov/owq/hardness-alkalinity.html and perform further research/testing to determine the water hardness in your area. If you have hard tap water, some scale build-up will occur over time. In this case, these stills must be cleaned at least once a semester for maximum performance.
Both stills are rated at 1300 watts and operate on 120V AC. UL listed. Portable Still dimensions are 21" L x 10" W x 19" H. A Classic Water Still (Catalog No. AP1049) is also available and is the same size, only 10" taller. Flexible tubing may be used for water supply and waste connection.